Even though the first day of winter isn't until Friday (we know, right?...weird), it's COLD OUTSIDE! AND it's the time of year where everybody's traveling to see loved ones, scrambling for last minute groceries and gifts, or just on the road working hard to close out their 2018 responsibilities. That's a whole lot of traffic and just whole lot of busyness. We know that if you're a new winter driver, an overly cautious winter driver, or even a seasoned winter driving veteran, it can get scary out there, and we want you to be safe! So keep scrolling to find out what you need to pack in your vehicle this winter to prepare for a fun, and worry free Wisconsin winter car ride.
1. Flashlight- High powered, reliable, and easily identifiable.
2. Assorted Batteries- Not JUST for the flashlight.
3. Cell Phone Charger/Battery Pack- We know you need to tweet about being stuck.
4. Blankets/Thermal Wear- Because BRRRR!
5. Water and Non-Perishable Food- In case you got stuck on your way to dinner.
6. Winter Boots- You might have to get out...
7. First-Aid Kit- This is probably a year-round item to have.
8. Ice Scraper/Snow Brush/Shovel- Tools of the #WiscoWinter trade!
9. Kitty Litter/Sand- Great for vehicle traction...amongst other things...
10. Jumper Cables- You will either need OR need to be a good samaritan.
11. Flares/Warning Triangle/Whistle- Get noticed!
If you find yourself stuck or stranded in the snow, or if you've slid off the road due to ice, stay in your car, put on your hazards, call for help and WAIT until it arrives. This is your best chance at avoiding unnecessary injury!